After winning the Warsaw Sectional, the Girls’ Golf Team will be participating in the IHSAA East Noble Regional at Noble Hawk Golf Links in Kendallville on Saturday, September 26th.
The Regional Field consists of 18 teams and 18 qualifying individuals from 6 different IHSAA Sectionals (Angola, East Noble, Penn, Warsaw, Norwell, and Eastbrook). There are only 5 IHSAA Regionals across the state on Saturday. The top 3 teams and the top 5 individuals on non-advancing teams from each regional will move on to the IHSAA State Finals at Prairie View Golf Club in Carmel on October 2nd and 3rd.
The Panthers will begin their quest for a 5th IHSAA State Finals berth in the last 8 years as a team by starting on Saturday at the 10th tee with Columbia City and Fort Wayne Carroll. Heading into Saturday’s play, IHSGCA #4 ranked Homestead is the top team in the field and the defending IHSAA state champion. Concord is ranked 15th overall, while NorthWood and Penn are ranked 16th and 19th, respectively, according to the final state-wide poll. FW Carroll and Columbia City have both been ranked or received Honorable Mention votes this season and are also in the field.
With state finals berths as an individual or with the team, Cybil Stillson and Breanna Goss can match the program mark for state finals appearances with 3 (MacKenzie Weaver), as well.
The expected lineup for NorthWood on Saturday and their tee times are:
- #1 JR Cybil Stillson 10:46 AM EST
- #2 JR Breanna Goss 10:38 AM EST
- #3 SR Abbie Richner 10:30 AM EST
- #4 SO Riley Kitson 10:22 AM EST
- #5 SO Kira Schrock 10:14 AM EST
Admission is free for spectators. Spectators are expected to have facial coverings.
Historical items of note:
- This is the Panthers 10th straight IHSAA Regional Appearance, 13th overall, and 12th in the last 13 years.
- NorthWood’s best regional finish: 2nd, four times, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019 (all at NobleHawk)
- NorthWood’s best regional score: 309 (2018 at NobleHawk)
- NorthWood has finished in the top 5 of the regional as a team in each of the past 7 years.
Good luck this weekend, girls!