We are eagerly looking forward to actually having an organized summer workout beginning on Monday, July 6, 2020. Specific sports have scheduled times for their teams. We have everything in place to be in compliance with our Elkhart County Health Department approved plan. Now we need for all parents and athletes to do their part to help this plan be successful. As we all know Elkhart County was kept in Phase 4 of Governor Holcomb’s, Re-Open Indiana Plan. With this in mind we have had to make a few simple adjustments to our plan. The two adjustments we have made are;
- Face coverings are required upon arriving on campus and must be worn when not actively involved in practice.
- All practice activity will be non-contact.
*Please read through the checklist below to ensure you and your family are ready to go!
- All summer activities are VOLUNTARY.
- Athlete must bring in IHSAA Health Screening Form. IH- IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent & Release Certificate (3) Give it to your coach upon arrival.
- Parents & athletes must PRE-SCREEN AT HOME for illness and Covid-19 symptoms: cough, difficulty breathing, chills or shaking, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea.
- Coaches are required to take attendance and ask questions about Covid-19 symptoms prior to practice.
- If there is any question as to whether there are symptoms……. STAY HOME.
- BRING YOUR OWN PERSONAL WATER BOTTLE/CONTAINER.
- Come dressed and ready to participate – LOCKER ROOMS & SHOWERS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- Enter the AC for indoor practices at “Old” AC (West side) entrance next to the PIT. For swimmers please use the NW Athletic Doors at for pool entrance. Athletes reporting for outdoor practices should report to your practice field area.
- Only restrooms that will be available are at the AC West entrance.
- All physical contact is to be avoided before, during and after practice. Social distancing is encouraged (6 feet away from others).
- All coaches have been instructed to design workouts to eliminate physical contact.
- Elkhart County has mandated face coverings and are required of our athletes upon arrival.
- Hand sanitizer will be available….USE OFTEN.
- Weather forecast is looking HOT! Begin Hydrating TODAY!!!!
- Athletes are expected to leave the school facility immediately after practice and return home.
- Once athletes return home it is imperative that they shower and change clothes.
Together we will implement our plan to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We have spent a tremendous amount of time in preparation for July 6, but it will not work unless we work together. We completely understand and respect that each family is dealing with Covid-19 in many different ways. All of us have had to make adjustments in our everyday lives since March 2020. We need to be compassionate of others and realize that some families might be much more vulnerable than others when dealing with Covid-19. As stated earlier summer workouts are voluntary, but we sincerely hope that you and your family will be a part of their team’s summer plan. Please be ready for changes that could occur at any time throughout the month of July. Please get signed up for the ALERTS on our website to be sure you get any changes immediately sent to your phone.
Big Thank You to Mark Osborn & John Dougherty and our entire custodial staff for their efforts in preparation for Monday. Cleaning facilities is not an easy task especially in the summer during renovations and NW Athletics sincerely appreciates all the efforts from our custodians to help make Monday happen. We look forward to seeing our Panthers back on campus. Have a safe and healthy 4th of July with your family.